With having one of the highest illiteracy and lowest school enrollment rates across Latin America, due mainly to high tuition costs, many children of indigenous Guatemalan families have little opportunity to receive an education. Our ECOLIBRI CHILD program supports local disadvantaged children to receive tuition and study materials for their education at schools in San Juan la Laguna and San Pedro la Laguna, Lake Atitlan.
Sponsor a Child
We work closely with a number of schools in the Lake Atitlan area to identify specific children in the most need of support; through working with the teachers and families, we monitor student progress through the school year, assessing their needs. For each child in the program we provide:
- School Tuition for an entire year
- Shoes and clothing
- All school supplies they require for studies (books, pencils, backpack)
- Healthy snack each day
- Sports equipment
- Musical instrument
- Art Supplies
- Medical assistance when needed
What you will receive as a sponsor:
- Regular updates of student progress and reports.
- Opportunity to send and receive letters and correspondence from the children directly.
- Updates on the family lives and local news from the area.